INGREDIENTS: Organic selenium.
1 . Relieves selenium deficiency related disorders
2 . Enhance the body’s antioxidant ability
3 . Participate in the production of sperm
4. Supports the immune system
- people with selenium deficiency
- people craving in refined food or junk food
HOW DOES SELENIUM BENEFIT OUR HEALTH?
1) Helps in the creation and production of glutathione peroxidase, which is a natural antioxidant defence member against free radicals
2) Regenerates or re-creates, several antioxidants, including vitamin C;
3) Protects developing sperm from oxidative (attacked by free radicals) damage; a main component in sperm, which determines the formation and stabilization of sperm.
4) Regulates thyroid hormone-turning the inactive T4 hormone into an active T3 hormone
5) Aids in the creation of Selenoprotein P which helps to protect the body’s cells that form the blood vessels, heart and circulatory system. Selenoprotein P fights against Nitrogen free radicals, the free radical that attacks the cells of the circulatory system.
6) Involved with the inflammatory and immune responses.
WHAT CAUSE SELENIUM DEFICIENCY?
1) Lack of selenium in environment :lack of selenium in soil leads to the low production of selenium in plants and causes selenium deficiency in human body.
2) Pollution of environment :due to the industrial pollution and acid rains,selenium absorption in the daily incept is reduced, which causes selenium deficiency in human body.
3) Refined food processing: Foods will lose 50-75% of selenium in food processing. Generally, kernels and rinds of food contain greater amount of minerals.
However, the rice after processing contains only 18.9 gammas of selenium per kg. Bran contains 71.2 gammas of selenium per kg,processed light flour contains only 28.6 gammas of selenium per kg. People who always consume refined food may lack selenium.
HOW MUCH SELENIUM DO WE NEED EVERY DAY?
Selenium is considered a trace mineral. We need just a little bit for normal functioning and it can be toxic if we take too much. Get at least 55 mcg of selenium per day but no more than 400 mcg per day.
WHAT IS THE RESULT OF SELENIUM DEFICIENCY?
Lack of selenium relates to the occurrences of cancer and relates to the incidence and death rate of multi-infection diseases (such as AIDS). Due to the industrial pollution and acid rain,sulfur dioxide will react with selenium compound which affect plants to absorb unsuitable selenium, in addition, some modern planting method also reduces selenium in food chain.